Kirikiri tanker explosion
The incident was reported to have occurred on 7 January 2014 when a tanker loaded with about 33,000 liters of gasoline rammed into parked vehicles. The spilling of the gasoline resulted in an explosion that killed about 15 people, leaving several others seriously injured. Sterling bank was affected, one Automated Teller Machine, 11 cars and 60 shops were burnt as well. The spokesperson to the National Emergency Management Agency of the South-West Zone, Ibrahim Farinloye confirm the incident.
- "Kirikiri town residents cry out its hell living here". Vanguard News. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Lagos tanker fire burns 15 to death". The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper. Archived from the original on 7 April 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "15 burnt to death in Lagos tanker fire". Vanguard News.
- niyi. "15 Feared Dead In Lagos Tank Farm Explosion". INFORMATION NIGERIA.
- "Explosion rocks Lagos oil tank farm". The Sun News. Archived from the original on 7 April 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter